TL has established designated smoking areas, or smoking zones, situated outside both the domestic and international terminals. These specified smoking zones are positioned a minimum of 25 feet away from the terminal entrances. It is important to note that individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from smoking in these designated areas.
The locations of the smoking zones are as follows:
Domestic Terminal North Lower Level:
- Door LN1
- Door LN2
Domestic Terminal North Main:
- Door N1
- Area Between Doors N3 and N4
Domestic Terminal South Lower Level:
- Door LS1
- Door LS2
Domestic Terminal South Main:
- Area Between Door S1 and S2
- Area Between Doors S4 and S5
- Door S6
- Departures (Upper Level) Doors D1 and D3
- Arrivals (Lower Level) Doors A1 and A3
Passengers holding membership in airline loyalty programs or possessing other qualifying statuses are permitted to smoke in the airport’s lounges. Some of the available lounges at Atlanta Airport include:
- American Airlines: Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge
- Delta Air Lines: Delta Sky Club
- United Airlines: United Club
- British Airways: Arrivals Lounge
- Lufthansa: First Class Terminal
Lounges offer various amenities and services, such as complimentary snacks, Wi-Fi, workspaces, showers, reading materials, TVs, and comfortable seating.
The smoking ban at Atlanta Airport came into effect in 2019, prohibiting the use of all tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigarettes, and hookahs) within airport buildings and within 25 feet of any airport building or concourse. Violation of the ban results in a fine of $200.
What is considered smoking/vaping?
The act of smoking is characterized by inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying a lighted tobacco product. This encompasses traditional forms of smoking such as cigarettes, cigars, and pipe tobacco.
On the other hand, vaping, or the use of vapor products, is defined as the utilization of noncombustible products containing nicotine. These products employ a heating element, power source, electronic circuit, or other electronic, chemical, or mechanical means, irrespective of their shape or size, to produce vapor from nicotine in a solution or another form. This category includes electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars, electronic cigarillos, electronic pipes, or similar products or devices. It also encompasses vapor cartridges or other containers of nicotine in a solution or another form intended for use with or in an electronic device.
Tips for Smokers:
For smokers traveling through Atlanta Airport, adhering to the smoking ban is essential. Here are some tips:
- Time Management: Plan your schedule to allow for sufficient time to step outside and smoke before going through security.
- Lounge Smoking: If using a lounge, ensure smoking is confined to designated areas.
- Reporting Violations: If witnessing smoking in prohibited areas, promptly report it to airport staff.