Shuttle service at the Atlanta airport
Many passengers after their arrival at the airport have the same question: “Which transportation option to use, to get to the required destination quickly and comfortably?” In this case, one of the best variants is to use the airport shared or privet shuttle. Why? Firstly, it’s easy to find a low-cost shuttle service. Secondly, you won’t have to spend hours waiting for it as it runs every 15-30 minutes. Moreover, airport shuttle also serves, the price depends on the hotel’s proximity.
Local airport shuttle
In case you need a low-cost shuttle, Atlanta airport offers you this transportation option which links several cities. The average price of a shuttle to the most popular tourist destinations is about $35 (Atlanta Botanical Garden, Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre and others). The pick-up location is just outside luggage claim area. In order not to get lost, follow the airport signs.
If you require a quick and budget public transportation, you can think about using MARTA bus. This is a convenient option for those who need to get to or from the airport.
One-way ticket costs $2.50 per one person.
Atlanta Airport is full of various companies that offer a ride-share service to passengers. It can take you to the Downtown, business district or Buckhead.
Searching for the shared-ride you can come across Airport Xpress train option. You can book a ride online, in advance, or purchase the ticket at the counter on the West baggage claim exit. However, remember that you can make an online shuttle reservation. By booking your transport in advance, you can get a lower-cost trip.
The average rates are as follows:
- The trip to the Downtown is $16.5 and takes 15 minutes or 20 during the rush hour;
- Midtown fare for person is $18.50 and travel time takes approximately 25 minutes;
- Buckhead ride costs $30 for one person and takes up to 40 minutes;
- Regional shuttle runs every 30-60 minutes and links 5 metro Atlanta counties and Georgia border states.
- At the airport you’ll find ground transportation companies covering the following counties: Clayton, Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton, and Gwinnett County.
- If you have any questions, contact your shuttle provider and they’ll give you additional information.
When reserving a nearby hotel apartment, you’ll probably be provided with a complimentary shuttle from and to the airport.
Upon the arrival head to the transportation service area which is located at the Domestic Terminal. Usually, this place serves as a pick-up point for all the hotel transfers. In case of any questions contact the hotel, you are staying-in.
Hotels that may include free shuttles:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport;
- Country Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North;
- Hilton Atlanta Airport;
- Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Airport West;
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport;